Last updated August 7. 2017
Brushed Steel Books (BSB)
Website Terms & Conditions of Use
The Site and the services offered on or through the Site, including any content and materials thereon, are for personal, non-commercial use. Any commercial distribution, publishing, or exploitation of the Site, or any content, code, data, or materials on or derived from the Site, is prohibited without the express written prior permission of BSB or the applicable rights holder. Please do not display, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, perform, transfer, create derivative works from, sell, or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on the Site. If you must download or print any content or information from the Site (we get it, we like reading hard copies sometimes too), we kindly ask that you limit your printing to a single copy for personal, home use only.
It is important to BSB to maintain a respectful, honest, and welcoming Site for all users. In keeping with our community culture, we ask that, when using the Site, you do not:
- Use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, restrict, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site;
- Post or share content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, hateful, derogatory, harassing, libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, offensive, or contains language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals;
- Victimizes, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Post or share content that plagiarizes or infringes any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary, personal, or legal rights;
- Intentionally upload any file containing a virus, spyware, or other harmful component;
- Embed links, feeds, advertising, promotional or commercial content, chain letters, unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes of any kind into the Site or into any of the Site’s services or features;
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, materials, personal information, or any data or content available on the Site through, for example, screen scraping, database scraping, harvesting of e-mail addresses, or any other means;
- Attempt, or encourage or support anyone else’s attempt, to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with the Site, or make unauthorized use thereof; or
- Use the Site in violation of any applicable law.
To the extent that you are able, through the Site, to message, chat, post, communicate, blog, or otherwise correspond in a public manner with others, we ask that you do:
- Check that you are not duplicating an existing discussion thread before sharing content;
- Self-moderate your choice of words and be considerate in the language you use;
- Avoid excessive edits and deletions;
- Be careful and selective about the personal information that you disclose about yourself and others;
- Avoid typing in ALL CAPS; and
- Treat other users and other users’ content with respect.
Right to Monitor; Editorial Control
We generally do not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of our Site. However, we and our agents have the right to refuse to post or to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with these Terms, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold BSB and its directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from your placement or transmission of any message, content, information, software, or other materials through the Site, or your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms.
You may be able to link from our Site to third-party websites or pages. Please note that we have no control over the information, content, products, services, advertising, code, or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through third-party sites, so you should always review the separate terms and conditions of any linked site that you access.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send notification of the claimed infringement, including a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of where the alleged infringing material is located, with a link if possible, to our copyright counsel, Eve J. Brown, at Bricolage Law, LLC, 1080 Beacon Street, 4D, Brookline, MA 02446, Telephone: 508-734-3404, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we endeavor to provide the highest quality service and security to our users, we cannot warrant or guarantee uninterrupted access or availability, protection from third-party data breaches, or freedom from errors, defects, or user-uploaded malware. Please use the Site at your own risk and be mindful of what you share, submit, or send through the Site. In no event shall BSB, any member of the BSB family, or any of our directors, officers, employees, agents or content or service providers be liable for damages arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, the use of, or the inability to use, the Site or the content, materials, services, and features related thereto, or for any content posted, transmitted, exchanged, or received by or on behalf of any user or other person on or through the Site.
Users must be either 18 years of age or older, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and be fully able and competent to enter into, abide by, and comply with these Terms.
BSB may terminate, change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time. BSB may restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Site and/or its services if we believe that you are in breach of these Terms or applicable law.
Both you and BSB agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to these Terms, the Site, or the relationship between you and BSB will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our attorneys at Bricolage Law, LLC, 1080 Beacon Street, 4D, Brookline, MA 02446, USA. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws.
Except as explicitly noted on this site, the services available through this site are offered by Brushed Steel Books, located at 1 Pier Pointe Street, Yonkers, NY 10701. Our telephone number is 917.239.9150. If you notice that any user is violating these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.